Monday, May 2, 2011

Walmart haul :)

Walmart haul :)

So a few days ago I took a trip to Walmart to pick up another Maybelline Fit Me powder and I ended up picking up a few extra's so I thought I would share what I bought as well as my first impressions.

So first was my Maybelline 'Fit Me' powder and as I mentioned this is a repurchase. Before this I was using a foundation by Red Earth that I got on clearance when my drugstore stopped carrying Red Earth so I couldn't get it again which was too bad since I loved that foundation. I had been on the lookout for a good replacement at Sephora but I didn't find anything I would want to spend $30 without trying it first. Then I saw this new line by Maybelline at the drugstore and figured I would try out this product since it was only around $8.00. Let me tell you, this product has great colour payoff for a drugstore powder foundation. All of the drugstore powders I have ever purchased don't ever have any colour too them so it's such a waste of money. That's why I was hesitant to even buy this one but I love it, make sure you check it out :)

Next I picked up the infamous NYC 'Sunny' Bronzer. I heard so many good things about this bronzer on YouTube and for $4.00 I had to check it out! So far I really like it! It has a lot of product compared to other bronzer's I own. It gives off really good colour, a little bit more of an orange hue than NARS' laguna but it's not too bad. I find that laguna can sometimes look muddy if you apply too much or if you apply it incorrectly. For the price you can't go wrong. I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.

Next I picked up the Revlon Custom Eyes mascara. This mascara came with a Revlon Colorstay liner, which I love and it was $6.00 versus the eyeliner on it's own for $9.00 so of course I picked this up instead. This mascara is really good so far. I really like it for mid-day when I re-curl my lashes since it really grabs the lashes and coats them with a good amount of mascara. This mascara can be set to two different settings 'length and drama' or 'length and definition'. I use the dramatic setting since I love thick lashes.

Lastly I picked up Soft Lips Tint in 'Rose'. This product has caught my eye a few times and I was on a Tinted lip conditioner kick so I decided to pick it up. I thought this product would have a pleasant scent but it just smells like plastic, like a cheap lipstick would smell like. I love the tint and the way it moisturizes but I don't care for the scent. This product is okay, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment