Friday, February 14, 2014

My very first VoxBox!

My very first VoxBox!

Hey guys!

Long time no update! Sorry, I have a new job that is keeping me really busy, but no excuses - I am back! :)

Today's post is super exciting! I got my very first Vox Box from Influenster! I have been a memeber of that site for years and never got chosen to participate. I was so excited when they emailed me letting me know I was going to receive one.

First things first, I need to put the disclaimer out there that yes, I got these products for free but these are 100% my honest opinions, so don't worry!

I got a really fun Vox Box, it is a mystery brand Vox Box from L'Oreal, one of my favourite hair care companies of all time! I use their L'Oreal Professional shampoos, conditioners and hairstyling products and have for years! I haven't used their drugstore line at all though, so this made this challenge even more exciting!

This is a two-part Vox Box. One box one week, one the next! I am actually receiving my second box some time today :)

So the purpose of this box is to try out the three samples (shown below) and guess what product line/brand within L'Oreal that these are from. I never knew but L'Oreal owns 25 other brands like Garnier, Shu Emura and Estee Lauder!

This is the box that I received in the mail:


I got a sample-sized bottle of shampoo, conditioner and split-end mender. They smell like banana in the bottle and a bit more floral in the shower.

I have used these prodcuts for the last week, as well as my fiance who has also used them and the shampoo is almost completely gone! I honeslty didn't think I'd care for this shampoo/conditioner but it leaves my hair so shiny and it smells amazing until the next time I wash it, which is sometimes three days later! The coniditoner is by far my favourite of the three products, it makes my hair feel really nourished and when I wash it out in the shower my hair feels like silk!

This photo doesn't do the amount of shine justice;


The split end mender isn't my favourite, I feel like it hasn't done much but I did only get this last week so I will keep you posted if I notice any results in the coming months.

So the main part of this challenge is to guess the brand! So my guess is L'Oreal Professional! And if it isn't I will be shocked with how well these products work for drusgtore! I have also seen that Garnier is releasing a new drugstore line, so this could be it! So that is my second guess! If it is, again, I will be SHOCKED! This shampoo and conditioner works like high-end hair products!

The one thing I don't know is whether these products are color-safe (oops!) I meant to tweet Influenster but completely forgot. I haven't noticed any colour fading at all though :)

Someone had tweeted me saying L'Oreal tests on animals. I don't know if this is true but I really hope it isn't :(

Did you get this months Vox Box? What are your thoughts? What brand do you think this is?

Stay tuned for tomorrow when I post the big reveal on my YouTube channel! I will link the video here when it is available :)




No comments:

Post a Comment