Saturday, November 16, 2013

NEW L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara review

NEW L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara review

I saw this mascara at the drugstore the other day and it caught my eye! It looked like such elegant packaging and had great claims! I am always a sucker for a new mascara - I'm always looking to try the newest thing.

I posted a video on my initial thoughts on this mascara on my YouTube channel, beautybykristy. Watch the video below if you are interested to hear my first impression and get some close ups of the mascara in action:



The Claims
- The breakthrough wing tip brush catches lashes and extends to the outer corners of the eye
- The new fiber infused formula delivers lashes with up to 6x more volume.
- Every lash extended for a dramatic lash fringe that flutters.
- Clump free, flake free, smudge free

My Thoughts:

Now that I have used it for a few more days I'm not as fond of it as I initially was. I find that it is very time consuming to get it on beautifully.

As for the claims, I think that it is smudge free, flake free and it does coat every lash but I don't agree that it gives 6x the volume and it definitely isn't clump free if you are using the curved side of the brush.

Here is a close up of the brush head before and after I dipped it in the mascara tube.


 As you can see in the second photo, A LOT of product comes out on the brush. I think that is what makes the mascara a little more difficult to put on. If you take the time though, and you use the bottom of the brush (see after photo), I absolutely love the results! I know this type of mascara look isn't for everyone though. I love my lashes to be very voluminous, even if that is borderline 'spidery'. I hate spidery lashes, don't get me wrong, but I also don't like my lashes to look stick-thin. I like them somewhere in-between.

Here are a few close-ups of the mascara on my lashes:



I love how much it lengthened my lashes!

Would I buy this mascara again? No, probably not, only because I feel like there are so many other mascaras out there that don't take as much time to apply.  

Will I throw it out? Definitely not! I will be using this mascara until it dries out, because it is worth the work for the great results. It is just harder to get the results than it is with other mascaras.

Hope this review helped you decide whether or not you wanted to try this mascara! Leave any questions in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment