Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Affordable Christmas DIY's!

Affordable Christmas DIY's!

Hey guys!

Christmas is right around the corner and at the beginning of this month I got so excited to start decorating! I am on a budget so I didn't have a lot of money to spend on Christmas decorations so I decided to do some DIY projects!

I have made Christmas wreaths and Christmas garlands in the past so that was a no-brainer but I went in search of blogs and YouTube videos to find some other cute accents to add to my home.

I ended up creating four DIY projects that I would like to share with you!

Christmas Wreath



As I said, I have made Christmas/Fall wreaths in the past. This is something that is so easy to create! I find it fun too! Every wreath is a work of art and is done completely how you want it done, so why would you buy one?

What you will need:
-a Christmas wreath
-shatter-proof/plastic christmas decorations
-any additional decorations you want - I bought some festive berries (look at the dollar store ;))
-Christmas tree hooks (to attach the decorations to the wreath)
-pre-made bows or Ribbon to make bows - your choice!

This won't take you very long at all and the results are beautiful!

Christmas garland

I have made this in the past as well! It is super easy to make and really adds a lot of Christmas warmth to your home! Just like the Christmas wreath, it is so easy to add your own character and charm to your garland! I love how customizable this is!

What you will need:
-long garland
-shatter-proof christmas balls or decorations
-store-bought or homemade bows
-one string of Christmas lights
-Christmas tree hooks (to hook the ornaments to the garland)

Coffee Filter Wreath

I found this while on one of my favourite blogs, iHeart Organizing. Jen has amazing style and as soon as I saw this I had to do it as well! (this is also where I got the Christmas cone idea ;)) Since her blogpost didn't say exactly how she made it I decided to YouTube it and came across this video, which gave me a better idea of ho to make it. Unfortunately, no one showed you exactly how to scrunch the coffee filter and glue it onto the wreath so it was trial and error for me. If you want to see how I glued it on, check out my YouTube video where I talk about all of these DIY's ;)

What you will need:
-any wreath - I used an 18" straw wreath from Michael's
-350 regular-shaped coffee filters (only this many for an 18" wreath)
-hot glue gun and glue
-a nail to hang it (if you choose to hang it this way)

Cone Christmas Trees
The nutcracker is from Walmart and the white tree candle is from HomeSense. Also, I normally have picture frames on that shelf as well but I took them off for this photo.

I absolutely love the look of these trees! They add so much to the space with their bright colours! I got the idea and the colors from iHeart Organizing. They look great up on a shelf but up close the yarn is a bit bunched up, but it adds character to them so I am okay with it! You have to go into making these with the mindset that they will not turn out perfect.

What you will need:
-2 pieces of white bristol board (dollar store ;))
-3 different colours of yarn/wool
-hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
-patience lol

I hope you guys enjoyed these DIY ideas! Let me know if you try any of these or if you have done any fun DIY's for Christmas!

p.s. Check out my video for more details on these DIY's! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment