Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Product Review - Beachy/Wavy Hair!

Product Review - Beachy/Wavy Hair!

I have been loving the beach hair trend lately and I have found the perfect products to give me the waves I have been looking for!

My hair is naturally straight with a little bit of wave but with these products it looks like I have spent a day at the beach!

Here is what you need:

1. A sea salt spray





I have tried two so far and they both work really well. The Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray is probably my favourite of the two. It has the best hold but it has a lot less product with a larger price tag. It has only 125ml for around $25-$30 where as the KMS California Sea Salt Spray has 200ml for around $17.00. I find that it takes a lot of spray to get the results I'm looking for so the extra 75ml holds me over a bit longer. Plus, the difference in hold isn't too different so I will definitely be re-purchasing the KMS spray.

2. Mousse or Thickening cream

The other product you need to achieve nice beach hair is mousse or thickening cream. You really only need one or the other and it's used to add extra texture to make your hair even bigger. If you have thin hair I suggest a thickening cream, but since I have thick hair all I need is mousse. I like to use Organix Coconut Milk Weightless Mousse mainly because of the smell. The smell of coconut reminds me of summer and the beach so it's the perfect sent for beachy hair.



And that's all you will need! This is my hair after about 8 hours of wear. Hope you all enjoy! If you try it, post a pic of what your hair looked like in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment